- This role will involve application development, design / architecture, code reviews, coaching/mentoring, and occasional break/fix support.
- The role requires an extensive knowledge of application and infrastructure systems architecture, excellent consultative and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with IT management and staff.
- Engages with internal and external application and business teams to understand application requirements.
- Designs and documents solutions for new application development projects. Leads other developers in their development efforts and provides guidance on best practices.
- Helps support the application on a day-to-day basis, occasionally engaging in troubleshooting and break/fix activities.
- Develops or maintains computer programs, including designing, coding, testing, debugging, and installing.
- Ability to follow software development methodologies, including working through business requirements and designs with IT partners.
- Reviews and enhances existing code to improve performance and ensure application meets industry-standard specifications.
- Interfaces with partners throughout systems to determine impacts of software changes.
- Acts as technology industry expert to provide guidance to team members and management on emerging trends and new technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- At least five (typically seven or more years) experience in information system architecture methodologies, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Java J2EE
- Spring Boot
- UNIX OS (Solaris) and scripting
Preferred, but not required