- Use advanced mathematical, analytical, or econometric tools to create algorithms that will be used in analytical or product development processes.
- Using these tools, develop or refine computer applications that provide deeper analysis of prospective asset performance, asset pricing, new asset classes, or information needed to measure or hedge risk.
- Provide ongoing analysis of new products or asset classes, and suggest program modifications as necessary.
Key Job Functions:
- Use one or more analytical tools from a suite of mathematical/application tools to perform appropriate analysis on specified product, transaction, market activity, or investment vehicle that has multiple variables affecting potential outcomes.
- Report in quantitative manner on parameters of proposed purchase, sale, marketing action, structure of transaction or market activity, or risk factors and the degree to which they could affect outcomes.
- Participate with product management, treasury, or capital markets staff in exercises to value derivatives or other complex products, or to revise models used to perform these valuations.
- Perform loss forecast analysis and reporting; perform ongoing ad hoc model development and analysis for specific clients needing high level quantitative analysis of credit risk, product valuation, asset analysis, and the like.
- Redefine and implement the components of new risk indicators. Consult with the business owners, design and implement an interface to record key indicators, research industry best practices of analyzing and reporting key performance indicators.
Education Level Required
- Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
Area of Study Preferred
- Economics, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics
- 4-6 years of related experience
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Full-stack developer using Java, J2EE and Spring and Angular Framework
- Experience developing web-based GUI using Spring, Hibernate, Spring Boot, Angular, Java Scripting, databases, XML and JSON
- Experience in Web services: REST/SOAP, CSS, HTML, Oracle/SQL, Linux and Proficiency in UNIX shell scripting
- Unit testing and automation testing experience (Cucumber, Selenium), CI/CD Tools: Jenkins
- Proficiency in software development life cycle, Agile scrum
- Professional experience building, architecting and operating solutions built on clouds (AWS)
- Understanding of Agile methodologies