- You will understand business rules; define and develop applications/ architecture, perform source to target data mapping, design, review, implement and optimize Data Engineering and ETL processes.
- You will actively be involved in reviews on development and test specifications. Perform data analysis, provide development/QA support for existing systems, and troubleshoot data and/or system issues within the Data Warehouse environment as well as upstream systems, as needed.
- You will drive investigations across the organizations and deliver resolution of technical, procedural, and/or operational issues to completion and ensure customer satisfaction.
- You will develop test plans/cases, conditions and scenarios in support of ongoing business system applications and infrastructure.
- You will provide timely and appropriate communication to business owners, business partners, and users on issue status and resolution.
- Strong Background in Data warehousing principles, architecture and its implementation in large environments.
- Experience in data engineering applications and products in AWS or any cloud provider.
- Data engineering/ETL Design and Development knowledge using Hadoop or Spark
- Experience with AWS (Dynamo DB, Lambda, or S3).
- Hands-on experience on programming (Java, Python, or Scala), and to perform data/file manipulation using Shell scripting.
- Experience using no-SQL technologies and Big Data platforms - strong development skills around Hadoop, Hive, Map Reduce.
- Hands-on experience using Database procedural languages such as SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL;
- Hands-on experience with test practices and processes; test automation, test coverage and user acceptance testing.
- Exposure to Object-oriented design, distributed computing, performance/scalability tuning, advanced data structures and algorithms, real time analytics and large scale data processing.
- Exposure to ETL Development tools such as Airflow, SSIS, SSRS, DataServices.
- Experience working in Agile/SCRUM model.
- Ability to design multi¬-platform solutions.
- Excellent collaboration with customers, including crisp and compelling verbal and written communication.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment and stay motivated/flexible.
- Ability to work cross functionally to resolve technical, procedural, and operational issues.
Education and Work Experience:
- MS/ME/BS/BE/B Tech degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in data warehouse technologies